Qs About Formatin Secondary Harddrive In XP
These things aren't made to last. "Grandma's XP machine" makes me guess that it's nearly 10 years old. Second, run the software and select the drive you want to format. You can use blkid as covered elsewhere on the site if you so choose. The last line in fstab should read UUID=1579e689-3965-47db-83a7-665cceeb6aff /media/bigdata ext4 defaults –Captain Giraffe Jul 1 '14 at 1:50 @CaptainGiraffe I think that did the job.
Windows Xp Exfat Driver
I thought you did not want to do that? –irrational John Jul 28 '10 at 0:34 2 Seriously. Appropriate amount of time to stay with company after they paid for masters degree Is it acceptable for an internal HR site to run over HTTP? "Shipping address is same as External Id salesforce What is the strongest drink in the world? Efficient counting Would introducing a healing wand break the game?
- In this case I'll use sdb but you should adjust accordingly.
- Now, run: sudo blkid Here is an example output: /dev/sda1: UUID="e7444e4d-f844-4724-b17b-a4449244481j" TYPE="ext4" /dev/sda2: UUID="5444cdcf-4443-40b9-af38-1444cd4448da" TYPE="swap" /dev/sda5: UUID="99444f5c-7444-4ee7-b550-79bd2444b0fw" TYPE="ext4" /dev/sdb1: UUID="1579e689-3965-47db-83a7-665cceeb6aff" TYPE="ext4" You can see in this example, the lone only single
- Why do materials change color when exposed to the sun for a long time?
- When you do an ls -l you should get drwxrwxrwx 2 root root 16384 Jul 3 10:05 lost+found.
- You do not need to mount the drive after you reboot.
- Flag Permalink This was helpful (0) Collapse - Reply to: XP does not recognize slave drive by thyde9337 / September 1, 2007 12:28 AM PDT In reply to: XP does not
- If you want to boot you need the ISO image containing the whole CD and a boot-loader like Grub4dos.
- Continue installation from there.
- That XP license is bound to that one machine. (From the EUL POV). –irrational John Jul 28 '10 at 22:27 | show 5 more comments up vote 5 down vote Use
more stack exchange communities company blog Stack Exchange Inbox Reputation and Badges sign up log in tour help Tour Start here for a quick overview of the site Help Center Detailed Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed. SHOW ME NOW CNET © CBS Interactive Inc. / All Rights Reserved. Exfat Download Windows Xp For me I have / on reiserfs ..
Safe as it gets. –Moab Jul 30 '10 at 0:12 add a comment| up vote 3 down vote I second hotei. Exfat Windows Xp 32 Bit If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). asked 2 years ago viewed 437 times active 2 years ago Blog Stack Overflow Podcast #101 - Matt Mullenweg on Open Source, Blogs, and Beyoncé Linked 4 How do I remove sudo apt-get install gparted also when on the root of the partition you cannot copy files to, you can do a chmod: sudo chmod -R 777 /whereeveryourdrivenameis you can check gparted
share|improve this answer answered Sep 5 '13 at 17:11 Ashwin 991 Can I not do this with windows 8, as this is the O/S I purchased and installed, I Exfat Windows Xp 32 Bit Download Would you transfer everything with Ghost or would you rather put everything you want on one program at a time? I use gparted. Right now none is selected (The disk shows RAW).
Exfat Windows Xp 32 Bit
share|improve this answer edited Jul 2 '14 at 16:48 answered Jul 2 '14 at 16:34 user283885 34615 so this is how my entry would like? Further it's been asked why you are trying to work with such a nonfuntional piece of hardware in the first place? Windows Xp Exfat Driver How do we evaluate a candidate who would not speak to any women during the interview process? Exfat Windows Xp X86 Many times!" sort of question.
Flag Permalink This was helpful (0) Collapse - I'd just move. I will use the UUID in the example below. Create one large partition and format it to ext4. Make sure you download all the relevant drivers for the old computer before you start to save some major time, and also XP service pack 3. Kb955704
Save any other unsaved work and reboot the computer. Third, click “Format” button and select exFAT file system on the pop-up winodow. Norton Ghost does something entirely different, so I have to ask that you tell the forum what you are trying to do.Bob Flag Permalink This was helpful (0) Collapse - LOL. Browse other questions tagged partitioning hard-drive format or ask your own question.
Go to advances or your manager's equivalent and set the group to "users" and owner to your user name, make permissions for the owner and group (if you like) full access Microsoft Kb955704 Browse other questions tagged hard-drive partitioning or ask your own question. You will be warned.
Choose “Format”.In the “File System” dropdown, choose exFAT instead of NTFS.Click Start and close this window when finished.1.8k ViewsView More AnswersRelated QuestionsHow do I install and use Google Drive on my
This is safer and is somehow a just a bunch of disks setup than using them in pools/raid0 format. Error opening file '/media/bigdata/uninstalling wine.odt'. You may also want to convert fat32 to NTFS once your install is done. Windowsxp-kb955704-x86-enu.exe Download Have you tried removing the second drvie, then formatting and installing Windows XP on the primary drive...THEN installing the second disc on the middle connector of the ribbon cable and let